Everything You Need To Know: How to Talk About a Siding Project Like a Pro
Published on: October 4th, 2019 By: Steven DiMare

The world Home Remodeling can throw an awful lot of unfamiliar vocabulary your way. By getting to know your fascia from your gables, you can begin to speak the same language as your contractor or builder, which may help your siding project go that much smoother.

Use this list for answers to frequently asked questions about common siding terminology so you can start to speak like a pro.

What are Battens?

Battens are vertical trim strips placed on panel siding at regular intervals to cover joints and create an architectural aesthetic design. Battens are a critical part of the farmhouse style.

What is Fascia?

Fascia is a band that runs horizontally under the edge of a roof. On a house, it is the fascia that usually caps the ends of rafters and sometimes holds the gutter.

What are Gables?

A gable is the generally triangular portion of a wall between the edges of a dual-pitched roof. More commonly you see gable vents in these areas of the home.

What is Soffit?

The soffit is the underside of any construction element. The word is also used to describe the material used to cover the exposed surface beneath the overhang of a roof. Unified panels come in a range of textures and venting options, which you can explore here.

Now that you can speak like a contractor, call Unified to schedule a FREE in home estimate and put your knowledge to the test with one of our Home Remodeling Experts.

Use of website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
© 2020 Unified Home Remodeling. All Rights Reserved. Designed By WebDesignYou. Digital Marketing by Business Nucleus USA.